Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sunrise from the sky

So I got "the call" around 10:00 yesterday morning.  There's a flight tomorrow (today) to go down to Florida to pick some people up for the Illini game today.  Departure at 4:00am, show is 3:00am.  I went out and got some doughnuts and fruit for breakfast.  I tried to go to bed early, but I couldn't fall asleep because I'm not used to going to be before like 10:00.  1:45am came too soon.

When we left Champaign it was 38 degrees and raining.  The forcast called for snow by the time we got back.  We landed in Sarasota and it was about 80 degrees.  Needless to say, I wished we had more time there.

The flight was fine and it wasn't snowing when we got back to Champaign.  Yay!  Too bad the Illini are losing right now.  Ohio State just got another touchdown.

Here are some pictures of the sun rising over Georgia/Florida that I took out the window of the plane at 38,000 feet:

Here are some pictures along the Florida coastline near Tampa/Sarasota:
The Illini just got another touchdown, but they're behind by 10 with :42 left in the game.  Bummer.  

No comments: