Boston, MA: This was my first trip. We walked the Freedom Trail and saw so many historical places. There were so many Paul Revere and Revolutionary War sites! We also ate at the Bull and Finch, which was the inspiration for Cheers. Very touristy. We walked down to Harvard and felt really smart. I ate a lobster!
Providence, RI: Pretty neat, I've always wanted to go to Rhode Island for some reason. There is no sales tax on clothes and there is also a big mall. Wonderful combination! We walked around Brown's campus.
New York City: I was here four times in a row. I had never been to NYC, so it was very exciting! We went all over Manhattan, I can't even name all the things that we saw! I went to the Museum of Modern Art and saw the Statue of Liberty from very far away. We went to the WTC site on 9.11. That was quite an experience. On the fourth trip we went up to the U. S. Military Academy at Westpoint. Wow. That would definitely have been a much different experience than Loyola!
Celebrity Sighting! I saw Michael J. Fox in the Teterboro airport! I also saw Trump's
helicopter.
Charleston, SC: This was probably one of my favorite trips so far, mostly because I got to hang out with Caroline. We gave Charleston a run for its money! We went to the South Carolina Aquarium and walked along Rainbow Row and the Waterfront Park.
Savannah, GA: This is another place I've always wanted to go. I had two trips here. We walked along the river and went on a riverboat tour on the first trip. The second trip coincided with PirateFest! There was an invasion and costumes galore! We also ate at Paula Deen's restaurant, Lady and Sons.
I had a bit of a break after these trips, which was nice because I had been gone for pretty much all of September and the first part of October.
I had a surprise trip to Athens, GA/Baton Rouge come up late in October. This was very exciting because Jenna and Kaila drove to Baton Rouge and we went out for sushi and got to hang out! It was so nice to get to see them, and we also toured Southern University's campus in search of a coffee shop! No luck.
I've just gotten back from the Corporate School of Etiquette in Long Beach, CA, where my patient instructors taught me how to be a lady. I learned knife skills and also how to serve a formal afternoon tea! Those were probably the highlights of the class. Long Beach was fun, I have family there. I got to hang out with them alot, so that was nice!
So that pretty much catches up to where I am now, which is sitting on my own couch in my own apartment. As much as I love traveling and seeing new places, it's always nice to come home and sleep in my own bed with my Annabel. No super exciting trips are scheduled in the near future. I have to go to Chicago on Monday to get a Schengen Visa so I can go to Europe. I guess we might have some Europe trips coming up after the holidays. Also, it's rumored that we spend most of the winter months in the Bahamas. I'm looking forward to that, especially since it was snowing earlier. There's none on the ground, but I saw it on my windshield. Ick!
No comments:
Post a Comment