We left bright and early Friday morning and I got settled into Jenna and Kaila's living room by noon. I could barely contain my excitement! Jenna got off work early and we headed to dinner at Lebanon's, then headed to the daiquiri shop to stock up for an evening of fun! We loaded up our light-up daiquiri mugs and headed over to the S. Liberty house. There, we put the finishing touches on our looks for the night and headed out to the parades. You should consider yourself lucky if you didn't come across this group on Friday night.
The next parade was Krewe d'Etat, one of my favorites. Blago was there representing Illinois. It made me proud to be wearing my Illinois sweatshirt.
After d'Etat was Morpheus. We were all a little disappointed about the lack of throws from these parades. We weren't sure why we were so unlucky, but there were some suggestions that maybe the float riders were more disturbed/disgusted than amused by our facial hair.
On our way back to Chuck and Gill's, Jenna and I stopped to get our picture taken with the Eli Manning bush. We love the Eli Manning Bush. 
On Saturday, it was time to prepare for the Rubik's Cube party. Jenna and I began with a wonderful breakfast at Huevos, then proceeded on to the Pelican thrift store. We found some really great costumes.
This is pretty much what happened all night long. You never knew when you were going to come across someone taking their clothes off.








Jenna can't resist me in all my green glory! Joe better watch out! Late at night, the Rubik's Cube party morphed into a dance party in the kitchen. This was so exciting that I literally danced my foot off. Well, not off, but read on for an explanation.
On Saturday, it was time to prepare for the Rubik's Cube party. Jenna and I began with a wonderful breakfast at Huevos, then proceeded on to the Pelican thrift store. We found some really great costumes.The evening began with a gourmet grill-out. So much tasty food! My friends are amazing by themselves, but when everyone gets together, great things happen!
After gorging myself with food, it was time for the real party to begin! Everyone changed into their costumes, and everyone's costumes were awesome. And they only got awesome-er throughout the night. Here, the party is starting with some serious flip-cup playing. I got in trouble for filling my cup with daiquiri instead of beer, but when have I ever been known to follow the rules?
Sunday was a very lazy day. Bob, Jenna and I ate lunch at Juan's, then went home for naps. We had to prepare ourselves for Pirate Day! Bacchus was pretty crowded, but Brian parted the seas of people with his pirate ship. Who would have thought that daiquiris were the pirates' drink of choice?! Menacing!
We saw Creed at the parade! He was standing with some people near us.
After the parade, we feasted on Reginelli's. So tasty! I was very tired, but Caroline convinced me to meet her at Carrollton Station to hear a band that she didn't know the name of. She's very persuasive.
It turned out the band was called Dash Rip Rock, but they were posing as the Jonas Brothers. Of course, Caroline and I could not pass up the opportunity to join them onstage for a live recording for the newest Jonas Brothers DVD. But really, who could pass up that opportunity of a lifetime!
We left on Monday afternoon, but at least I had gotten my fill of Mardi Gras by then.
OK, so now about that foot injury from the Saturday night kitchen dance party.
I woke up Sunday morning and got off the futon and noticed a great pain in my right foot. I ate Advil like candy for the rest of the day while we went to the parades and figured it would either go away or I'd deal with it at home.
I dealt with the foot for the rest of this week, but decided that maybe today I should go to the doctor and get it checked out. I went to Convenient Care, they sent me to X-Ray, then I returned to Convenient Care to get the results. The CC doctor was mystified by my x-rays and had to consult with podiatry, who said there was something fractured or something. So they put me in the crazy half cast thing and now I have to have crutches for two weeks until my follow up appointment.

1 comment:
It's cool that you saw Creed! We went to Reginelli's too, and we did the mardi gras spin thing and won the grand prize, which included a bunch of coupons I won't be able to use and some awesome king cake. We also got the baby. I wonder if the waitress did that on purpose. I tried to go to Lebanon's but it was soooo crowded on whatever day that was.
Post a Comment